Thursday, September 6, 2012

Blog Explanation

As I began to look at the purpose of this blog, I realized I needed an original that can be paired with the course well. I wanted something that was memorable but simple. "The Artsy Nittany Lion" is my way fusing the world of Penn State with a trendier outlook. "Artsy" is a term that is most commonly known as a slang word for someone who is not necessarily mainstream but off the beat and track. I wanted my blog to reflect the fact that although arts are not the most prominent thing when you think about Penn State, it is still apart of this community. 
The picture in the background is a painting of the mascot of the university. I picked it because of its use of a different medium to display our renown nittany lion. The same few images are used to symbolize our school and this takes one of those classic images and puts an original spin on it. 
As of now, I only have three pages listed on my page. I'm sure they will begin to evolve but this is just a starting point. My "About Me" section is just a short summary of some of the things that describe me. My interests are wide and I wanted to make sure that I put in a little bit of everything from sports to music. The "Photos" section is just a small look at some things that influence me. The picture of the sunset is my favorite spot back home and it is a place I visit often especially at sunset. It is important to me because it is the setting for many of my memories back home. The picture of beaver stadium was my first visit to Penn State back in April. I had never understood understood how vast and almost overwhelming the stadium and campus were until I visited. It was a large part of the reason of why I came here. There is a sense of pride when you see the stadium because you feel as if you are apart of something bigger than yourself. Lastly, I added a links page. The one link I added is a blog done by a few girls that I met on my floor. It is their way of keeping track of their college lives. I liked their blog because it is relatable to all freshmen and how they are experiencing so many of these things for the first time and choosing to remember them through a single photo each day makes it almost a virtual scrapbook of their college experiences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment